Pigfarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Parents

2 posters

Go down

Teen Parents Empty Teen Parents

Post by Laura McKinnon Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:23 pm

Laura barely thought much of anything that wasn't either shiny, colorful, and/or pretty. So it wasn't really that much of a shock that she didn't think much of a rather boring looking box in the middle of her living room.

She was waiting for Thayne to come over. They were planning on doing what they normally did: absolutely nothing. Normally,doing nothing bored her, but she enjoyed it since she was doing nothing with someone that could actually stand being around her. That made her smile.

Laura's eyes were currently fixated on her Sketchbook of Words. It had been a while since she wrote in it. Her writing paused as she glanced up at the box. Why was it there?

She tried to ignore it, but soon her curiosity had her crawling towards it slowly. The box had her name on it. And Thayne's.

"Weird..."
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Teen Parents Empty Re: Teen Parents

Post by Thayne Hill Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:44 pm

He really shouldn't have left Danielle at home. Thayne was missing his guitar already, but Laura was probably getting tired of bringing it - her - around everywhere. So he had decided to be a good friend this time and leave his only true love behind - of course, safely packed in her case, waiting for his arrival at home so they could play a few songs together as soon as he came back.

He didn't bother to knock before he entered the house, knowing that the McKinnons always kept the door open during the day and none of them would probably even be bothered to go and get the door if he tried the bell.

"Laurita?" he called, threading his way through the house when he caught a glimpse of familiar hair in the living room. "Loz! Do you reckon I should go back and bring Danielle around? I kind of feel guilty leaving-What is that?" his eyebrows rose as he noticed the box she was standing by and walked closer to investigate only to see his name on it. "Hey-That's my name! What is that?"
Thayne Hill
Thayne Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Laura jumped slightly when she suddenly heard Thayne's voice. She turned slightly, rolling her eyes as he started talking about his guitar. It was a bit bizarre how much he cared about it, but who was she to talk? She was practically the Queen of Bizarre.

"It's a box, 'Nathanial'," she stated, rolling her eyes again. "It was just lying here when I entered the room."

Laura giggled to herself. She loved when people stated the obvious--it was just so funny to her. "It's a box," she repeated, still giggling, "with both our names on it."

Glancing down at it again, Laura thought about what could be inside. That only lasted for a second before her impatience won out and she pushed the box towards her guitar-loving friend. "You open it."
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thayne Hill Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:36 pm

"Wow, you haven't opened it yet?" Thayne raised his eyebrows further. "Your curiosity didn't get the best of you? It's killing me already!"

She pushed the box towards him and Thayne grinned, reaching out and tapping on it slowly with his fingers. "Are you sure you want to open it? What if it's a bomb? Or what if inside it says that you're not longer allowed to use colours, only black and white, when you paint?"

As much as he would've wanted to make more jokes about what could possibly be inside of this box, Thayne had always been too curious for his own good - especially when he knew this thing had something to do with him as well.

His eyes went wide when he saw what was inside of the box and he slowly looked up at Laura. "Loz… why did you order a baby through the mail?"
Thayne Hill
Thayne Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:45 pm

"No, I didn't. And just open it already!" Laura whined, tapping her foot impatiently.

The brunette stared at Thayne with a deadpan expression. Nobody should joke about not being able to use colors in her paintings. Ever.

Before she could remember where it was she kept her wand, Thayne was staring up at her with wide eyes.

"What are you talking about? I know that the owl doesn't really bring you babies!" Laura said indignantly. Curious, she peered over her friend's shoulder. "Or maybe they do..."

Inside was a baby. A very adorable baby. "It's not real, is it?"

She poked its chubby cheek softly. It felt real, that was for sure.
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thayne Hill Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:08 pm

"It's not real… It cant be." Thayne shook his head, but he was still wary as he stared down at the baby in the box. Who the hell would mail them a box?

He reached down and lifted the child up, below it at the bottom of the box was a note. The box also had other things, things Thayne could only guess were stuff for the baby - better for Laura to look at that.

"Here-" he said, passing the baby over to Laura before he pulled up the note, skimming over it quickly. "Oh fuck my life." he sighed. "It's the sixth year assignment, I had totally forgotten about it. You know that assignment when they give us a doll - fucking hell it looks real." he held the note up to her, eying the baby again. It was sort of cute, he guessed. "I guess that's ours then?"
Thayne Hill
Thayne Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Laura carefully took the baby in her arms. It was strange. She had held a baby before (it was impossible not to in the McKinnon household), but that was only for a few moments. She never trusted herself enough to hold such a fragile, attention-needing...baby.

"What's wrong?" she asked, looking over at Thayne as she adjusted the infant in her arms. She read over the note quickly, scanning it a few times to clarify that she was really reading this.

"I can't believe this is a doll," Laura said, pulling the baby doll back to examine it. The eyes did look a bit...lifeless. "I wonder..."

She peeked in its diaper quickly, checking to see if a certain anatomical structure was present. "It's a girl."
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Thayne Hill Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:08 pm

Thayne looked at Laura, biting his lip slightly. "Well." he said, after a moment, a grin spreading over his face. "At least I got you instead of some stupid hag from school, imagine how horrible getting stuck on parent-duty with someone you hated would be?"

He held out his arms again. "Can I have it - her - again? We have to name her now don't we?" Thayne loved kids. They were energetic and hilarious and kind of adorable, not that 'adorable' was a word he'd willingly use often. "She's so lifelike, it's fucking amazing." Was swearing around dolls bad?

"This must mean everyone our year has one, right? That's such a twisted assignment, cool though… kind of."
Thayne Hill
Thayne Hill

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:19 pm

"Imagine what my brother would do if some random stranger moved in to help with this assignment," Laura agreed, "because my baby is not going to have separated parent. Nuh uh, no, Sir."

Passing her 'baby's daddy' their 'child', the brunette nodded her head. "She needs an amazing name. Something that'll just tell you 'this baby is amazing'," Laura stated. She was horrible at naming things. Just look at her Sketchbook of Words. Horrible name.

"This means Billy has one! Oh, Merlin...I'm an Aunty! I mean, I knew I was already going to be one--what with Mel being pregnant--but now I'm an Aunty!" she gushed, jumping up and down excitedly. "Ooh, Lucy must have one, too! We can have a playdate with their children!"
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum