Pigfarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sickness (yaknowwho)

3 posters

Go down

Sickness (yaknowwho)  Empty Sickness (yaknowwho)

Post by Melanie McKinnon Sat May 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Disgusting. That was the only word that could describe how Melanie was feeling as she emptied her stomach into the porcelain bowl in front of her.

Her hands held onto the toilet, as she coughed. This was bloody disgusting! Why was it happening to her? She coughed again, her stomach wanting more to throw up, but she was pretty sure there was nothing left in her stomach anyway.

Mel leaned her head backwards to stop the retching and coughing, it seemed to be the only way to make it stop. "Laura! Get me water!" she yelled, knowing her sister was the only one in the house. The taste in her mouth was bloody awful. Disgusting.
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Sickness (yaknowwho)  Empty Re: Sickness (yaknowwho)

Post by Laura McKinnon Sat May 05, 2012 5:56 pm

Laura had been drinking a butterbeer in the kitchen, staring off into space, when Mel had called for some water. The brunette muttered a quiet "rude" under her breath, but complied with her sister's command.

After filling a tall glass with ice cold water, she made her way to her sister. Laura was a bit surprised to find her in the bathroom. Then again, she had spent the past few days like that.

"You could've said said 'please', Mellie," the younger girl said, rolling her eyes as she handed her sister the glass.

"How're ya feeling? Do you want to go see a healer? Maybe we should call someone? I don't think this is normal..." Laura questioned. She didn't know anything about illnesses; after all, she tended to lock herself in her room when one of her siblings were sick. Sick was gross, and, thus, she avoided it.
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sat May 05, 2012 6:10 pm

"Hello?" Ari called, pushing the door to the McKinnon household open. This was a rather impromptu visit; she wasn't particularly sure why she was off to visit her best friend other than that it had seemed a good idea at the time.

She heard voices from upstairs and she made her way up, finding Melanie and Laura upstairs in the bathroom, Mel bent over the toilet bowl. "Hello," she greeted, frowning. "Seems my timing is great." Stepping inside the bathroom, she perched herself on the edge of the tub, looking between the two girls. "You want me to call someone? A healer or something?" she asked.
Ariadne Ellingham
Ariadne Ellingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Sat May 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Mel rolled her eyes, accepting the water from her sister. "Being polite isn't very much on top of my list at the moment, Loza." she said, emptying the whole glass in one large gulp. "Merlin, this is bloody disgusting!"

The blond was just about to refuse a healer, when a new voice joined them. She turned to look at her best friend, frowning. "No, no healer necessary." she said, her stomach turning again, but this time at the idea. "I'm just ill or something." she put a hand on her stomach and used the other one to hand the glass back to Laura. "Can I have more?" she just really couldn't force herself to stand up yet. "Please." she added as an after thought and grimaced slightly.
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Sat May 05, 2012 6:27 pm

Laura gnawed at her bottom lip as she watched Mel down the glass of water in one go. What could possibly make her sister so sick?

When a new voice started talking, she turned to see Mel's best friend, Ari. "If you're ill, Mellie, then you need a healer. Where would the rest of us be without your sarcastic remarks and amazing maternal instincts?" Laura joked.

She rolled her eyes, taking the glass from her sister and quickly made her way to the kitchen, filling it up with more cold water.

Laura wasn't the worrying type, but that was because there was always someone there to do the worrying for her. Being the only other McKinnon in the house made it impossible for her to just retreat to her room and hide there until everything was done with.

Arriving back in the bathroom as quickly as she could, Laura handed the glass to Mel.

"You'd think she'd be better by now," Laura said, talking to herself more than to Ari. "I mean, she's been like this for days. Maybe she's pregnant." A giggle escaped her lips as she thought of how ridiculous the thought was. Mel? Pregnant? Heh heh...funny.
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sat May 05, 2012 8:04 pm

"Okay, then," Ari said, nodding. "Ugh, though, throwing up sucks. How long've you been having it?" She straightened her jacket and looked around the bathroom. "Have you guys decorated?" she asked absent-mindedly. "I've never seen it in this much detail."

Ari smiled at Laura's joke, looking at Mel. "How about it, eh?" she said with a grin, looking at her best friend with a wink.
Ariadne Ellingham
Ariadne Ellingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Sat May 05, 2012 8:11 pm

"Merlin Loza!" Melanie called after her sister, but sure enough she didn't hear it. "She could've just used the water in here, but nooo, she always has to make it complicated." she sighed, moving so she was sitting with her back against the toilet bowl.

"Few days..." She answered Ari's question, grimacing slightly. "Two or three, it's not so bad, it passes..." she shrugged her shoulders, receiving the glass from Laura again and filling her mouth with water but before she could swallow Laura made a joke and the girl choked on her water.

Pregnant? What? No... she couldn't be... She hadn't... Oh Merlin.
The girl paled, she couldn't be pregnant could she be? Surely he'd used some kind of spells or something!
She looked up at the two other girls, trying to find the words. "Preg...no.. I ... of... of course not.. I.."
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Sun May 06, 2012 1:16 am

Laura looked at Mel when she started choking. "Are you okay? You look pale," she noted.

At first she thought that the blond might have a fever, but then her sister started sputtering and uttering out a jumbled met that she had to reconsider.

"Wait, you're not pregnant, right?" Laura asked skeptically, her eyes darting between her sister's pale face, the toilet, and her sisters tummy. The brunette glanced at Ari, hoping to Merlin that she was wrong. Mel couldn't be...she just couldn't!
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

"Are you pregnant?" Ari asked quietly, slowly, not quite digesting it. She looked at Mel with slightly wide eyes, not quite able to take it in, and caught Laura's eye, wondering if she'd understood it the same way. She moved from her perch on the side of the bath to kneel beside her best friend.

"I mean, could you be?" she asked slowly, looking at the blonde girl. "Is there a possibility?" She didn't want to bombard her with questions but it seemed that these were the only things she could form. "Whose?" she asked quietly.
Ariadne Ellingham
Ariadne Ellingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Sun May 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Mel felt the need to throw up again, the idea of her being pregnant made her want to throw up her lungs. Maybe she could throw up .. the thing ... that she might be growing inside of her. Okay, seriously, that's messed up. I'm not pregnant. I can't be pregnant.

Ari's one worded question brought Mel back into the conversation. Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, ooooooooh shit. "Uhm," she swallowed. "I... I actually could.." she looked away from the two girls, not able to look them in the eyes. Merlin, there's no way I can tell them. "See.. few weeks ago..." she closed her eyes. "...Ja...James..and I..." she trailed off.
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Sun May 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Laura was speechless for a moment, something that rarely happened, and she just blinked. Mel...and....James? They...what?

"A-are you serious?" she croaked, blinking quickly as she tried to focus on her sister. She could feel her brain kicking into overdrive as she tried to process what was going on.

"You and James...and now you could be...Merlin, Mel," Laura sighed, leaning against the wall and sliding down so she could sit.

She turned to Ari, desperate for help. "Do you know what we should--no, is there a way we can find out for sure?" Laura asked, visibly defeated. Now more than ever did she want to be locked in her room.
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sun May 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Ari's eyebrows almost shot off of her face as her brother's name was mentioned. "You... are... joking." She whistled, and looked at Mel in surprise. "Okay, okay, don't panic. Don't panic." Stop panicking. She looked at Laura, who was looking at her with a desperation.

"Okay, we could go get a test thing," she said slowly and calmly. "Right, Laura, you stay here with Mel and I'll go get one from somewhere." She stood up, rubbing Mel's back, and left the bathroom as calmly as she could, before hurtling down the stairs and apparating at full pelt, yelling over her shoulder "Don't go anywhere! I'll be back!"

Ariadne Ellingham
Ariadne Ellingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Sun May 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Mel pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. "I'm really fucked, aren't I?" Maybe she wasn't pregnant. Maybe she was just ill. Maybe she hadn't even had sex with James - okay, she had sex with James, she remembered that part very vividly. But that didn't mean she was pregnant. But what if she was pregnant? Merlin, what the hell was she going to do?

She sighed, looking over at Laura. "Loz... what the hell am I going to do?" her voice broke and she looked pleadingly at her sister. This wasn't good, this wasn't good at all. Make it go away. Make it all go away. Make this be a dream. Big fat bad nightmare.
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Sun May 06, 2012 8:39 pm

She...left. Ari just left.

Laura tried not to panic (Ari wasn't panicking, so she tried her best to stay calm), but it was so hard. She tried to remind herself that she wasn't the one that was pregnant, that Mel was. She had to be calm for Mel.

When her sister asked her what she was going to do, Laura didn't know what to say. Merlin, why did Ari have to leave her there? She wasn't good at comforting people!

"I-I don't know, Mellie. We don't even know for sure if you're pregnant," Laura said, gnawing on her lip as her nerves started having a riot. "Maybe you just ate some bad pumpkin pasties or something. And, if you are pregnant, I call painting the nursery.''

It was a poor, pathetic attempt at making Mel feel better. When was Ari going to come back?
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Sun May 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Ari returned as quickly as she could, apparating back to the house and glancing quickly into the mirror to make her look a little less flustered. They would probably prefer her to be calm than anxious. Walking up the stairs as calmly as she could, she made her way back to the bathroom.

"Here," she said, handing Mel a test potion kit, one of the first ones she had been able to lay her hands on. She tried to keep her hand as still as possible as she passed it over, before sinking to her knees next to her best friend and her sister, waiting for whatever had to be done to be done.

Ariadne Ellingham
Ariadne Ellingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Sun May 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Mel forced up a laugh, but nothing about it was funny. Shit she really didn't want t have to have a nursery - wait, no she was never going to have a nursery. She was not having a baby.

She wrapped her arms around herself closer. "Fuck this is messed up. Fuck it. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck it." she rested her forehead on her knees, shutting her eyes, wishing she could just disappear and never appear again. But soon enough, Ari was back and the girl looked up, staring with wide eyes at the thing in her best friend's hand. "Look, guys, I cant." she shook her head quickly. "I cant take that test and I cant find out and I cant do any of it. I just cant!"
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Sun May 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Laura breathed a huge sigh of relief once Ari was back. She was pretty sure she would've made the situation a lot worse if she had tried to 'comfort' Mel anymore than she had.

"You can and you will, Mel," Laura said, glancing at the test. "Who knows? You might be freaking out for no reason."

Her lower lip was hurting now, and it briefly crossed the brunette's mind that she should stop chewing on it. She stopped for a second but quickly resumed as she started thinking of what the test would say.

This would've been the perfect time for her to be her usual happy self, but Laura was still a bit shocked to do that. Plus, she didn't really think Mel would appreciate her listing a bunch of potential names for the could-be baby.
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariadne Ellingham Mon May 07, 2012 4:28 pm

"Come on, Mel," Ari said softly, smiling at her best friend. "If you're not, you're not, and if you are, then we'll think about that when we come to it. But you have to find out first. It won't just go away."

She smiled again at the two girls, trying to be reassuring. Oh Merlin. Mel could be pregnant.

Oh goodness, it could be her brother's.

Oh, wow. She could be becoming an auntie.
Ariadne Ellingham
Ariadne Ellingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum