Pigfarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Being Lovely And Good

3 posters

Go down

We Being Lovely And Good Empty We Being Lovely And Good

Post by William McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Everyone was somewhere doing something. That was the problem with having such a big family - someone was always absent, doing something. Full on unions were rare and often unwelcome.

But today, Will and Mel and Willow had been around, and the two elder siblings had decided to take Willow out to Mars for the day to go and do something that she wanted to do. Willow had always been one of the quieter ones, making Matthew look a little bit loud, and she was an avid reader. Will himself didn't read that often. He liked the odd fantasy book and he loved one or two completely off-the-wall novels but anything with overly-sophisticated vocabulary or written before a certain time in history and he was gone. It took too long trying to decipher the meaning, and he had to be feeling clever, so he pretty much avoided the classics.

Now he leant against the counter, grinning at the girl on the till, who was surprisingly pretty, tempted to go and flick through some books about dragon families or stare at picture books whilst his younger sister would probably be tackling some enormous volume written backwards in another language about cryptic messages. He wasn't even sure what Mel would be doing. He hoped she'd gone to go and look at a cookbook.
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

We Being Lovely And Good Empty Re: We Being Lovely And Good

Post by Melanie McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Melanie didn't really like book stores, they were quiet. Very quiet. And usually not crowded, so they were lonely. Lonely and quiet. Which were two of the things she hated. And she didn't really read much, she'd read some books when she was a kid but now of days she never found herself having the time to read.

But somethings one had to do for their little sister, and even though it meant going to a lonely, quiet and boring place like the book store, she decided to be good and lovely and suck it up.

Mel found herself sighing slightly, wandering off from her siblings to look at some books, but she had grown bored from it almost instantly and decided to rather spend time with her siblings, at least the store would be less quiet if she talked.
"So," she said, spotting her brother, leaning against the counter. "How on Jupiter did we end up here?" she grinned slightly, going to stand beside him. "What are you going to do? Just stand here and wait for Willow to find her books? That could take ages."
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley Thu May 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Willow was in heaven. Two of her siblings had agree to take her to Orion's Books, somewhere she seemed to rarely get to, and she didn't think she'd ever want to leave. Though it would've been better if it was a library. She felt slightly rude to sit in the book store and read books while she was there. No, she had to pick a book (or two, she did need to keep a limit after last time) and buy them. Which she was more than happy with. She probably wanted a thick one, seeing as she flew through them so fast. She'd gone through most of the books at home and now needed new ones.

She didn't want to take too long though, picking up a book about magical creatures and the thickest, most difficult-looking book that she could find in the young adults section, grinning as she headed to find her siblings as she had the two books in her arms, admiring the five hundred odd page fiction book that was on top, fingers twitching with anticipation.

"Can I get these?" she asked nervously as she finally found her siblings next to the counter. "And then I'm done, I promise."
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 8:25 pm

Mel's voice appeared at his shoulder and Will turned his head a little to acknowledge his sister, grinning. "We're here because we're lovely people. Lovelier than Loz and Matt and Ollie." He winked, and looked around. "Well. Willow's reading, I think, and I don't really fancy that, but maybe if she wants to stay for a while we could go get a coffee. With a kick in it." He grinned, when Willow returned, two enormous books clutched in her arms.

"Wow," he whistled, impressed. "I wish I could read like you, Lo. Maybe you should teach me." He grinned, reaching for his wallet. "Right, are you sure you're done? If you wanna spend more time here, do it now. Grab some more humongous books so you've got plenty to read, or go read 'em now or whatever. We're not gonna force you to leave. Besides, Mel says she'd love to take you again." He smiled widely, turning to look at Mel.
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Thu May 03, 2012 9:12 pm

Mel raised her eyebrows. "And Liz and Odette? Are you honestly saying they're lovely? Oh well, Oddie is lovely, but bloody mischievous, she can get anything with just a glance." she laughed slightly, brushing a stray of hair behind her ear as she recalled some of the things Odette had gotten her to do with just a small pout or a smile.

Looking over at the books in Willow's arms, Mel resisted the urge to roll her eyes and decided to smile instead. "Yeah, go ahead Willow and get a bunch of more books, I'm sure Will's ready to pay them all." she glanced at her brother. "He even suggested you would read them for him sometime, every single page." she grinned. "But if you're done, we can go and get something to eat? Do they have a café inside of here? They've got one of those on Pluto." she pouted slightly. "I'm starving for a piece of cake."
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley Thu May 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Willow smiled proudly when William seemed impressed at her books, hesitating as she thought of getting more books. It was very tempting. Maybe one more wouldn't hurt. You could never have too many books after all. She didn't want to make her brother buy her more though.

"I'm good with these," she assured, looking down at them. "I'll just read slowly. I would like to go get something to eat though," Willow shifted her weight from foot to foot, not wanting to make either sibling stay in the shop too long either. She knew books weren't everyone's cup of tea, and if Melanie was hungry it would be selfish to stay there longer just so she could enjoy being surrounded by books. She had enough books to make up a mini-library in her room at home after all.
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Fri May 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Oh, she wanted to play that game, did she? "Yeah, Lo, you teach me to read better and then I'll read to Mel. She wouldn't like it as much as if you read but you know, I'm sure she'd be very supportive." Will grinned, before reaching to take the books from Willow.

"If you're sure, Willow," he said, raising his eyebrows. "You know you read like you've got a rocket up your arse, you can go get another one if you want. Offer going once, going twice..."

His ears perked up at the talk of food. "I'm game," he said quickly. "Food is good. I'm starving. Let's get something nice. Like ice cream. Or chips. Or both. Willow, ice cream, chips or both?" He looked at Mel. "Will you pay for them Lanie?" he asked in the most sickly-sweet voice he could, before grinning.
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Sat May 05, 2012 7:57 pm

Mel rolled her eyes "Of course you're hungry," she said, grinning slightly as she reached out to pat William's stomach. "Always eating aren't ya?"

She pushed herself from the counter. "I don't even have a job! How do you expect me to pay?" Yeah, because we don't have plenty of money to spend, or anything she thought to herself grinning again slightly. "Right, Lowie, it's your pick, ice cream, chips or both or would you like a dozen more books to read for William? He does need to be taught how to read."

She tilted her head slightly and looked at the books Willow wanted to get. Mel would've never been able to read that when she was a kid, hell she probably still couldn't.
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley Sat May 05, 2012 8:15 pm

Willow bit her lip as William began to count down his offer like he was an auctioneer, quickly rushing to the closest shelf and picking out a relatively thick book with a pretty cover before returning to her siblings, a guilty smile on her face as she flustered. "Just in case," she murmured. "But no more. Else I'll run out of room quicker than I can get more."

She giggled slightly as the two talked about who would pay for food, eyes lighting up as the desicion was left to her, not needing to think twice about it. "Both!" she said in a loud whisper, not wanting to make too much noise in the usually quiet shop. "I'd like them both, please. If that's okay for you two?" Willow added quickly, almost forgetting. She did like chips. And ice cream. And books. It was like she was in heaven.
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Sat May 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Will grinned as his younger sister ran to grab another book, turning to look at Mel. "Seriously, if I have to read I'm reading to you. Bring it." He grinned at her, and laughed when Willow returned. "Fair enough," he said, taking the third from her and putting them on the counter, waiting for the girl to tell him how much he owed for them.

Once the books were purchased (and in a pretty cool little bag, William noted; if he was a superhero he'd want a cape with that pattern), Will turned to his sisters and linked arms with both of them, grinning. "Well, then," he said in a chipper voice, "Let's go get some grub."

He looked at Mel and sighed. "Well, I haven't exactly got a job either, Mel. Maybe Willow should pay for it." He nudged his younger sister playfully, and steered them back towards the main town. "I don't know. But I need to eat soon before I faint with hunger." He gasped dramatically. "And stop calling me fat, Mel, you're really hurting my feelings. You... make-up face." He grinned, pulling a face, and turned to Willow, smiling at her decision, before pressing her for another one. "So, decide now, Lo, here or Pluto? Cos I'm gonna decide for you in a moment."
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Mon May 07, 2012 7:04 pm

Mel grinned at her sister. "You've got a lot of stuff to read now, I'm really surprised how you turned out this smart Lowie. You cant really say the same about the rest of the family can you?" she bumped her hips plafully with William's.

Her stomach growled at all the food talk. "Yes, Lowie take your pick, please make it a good one." she grimaced slightly. "If you pick well, I'll pay, at least for you, maybe William can sell me his soul in exchange for food." she beamed. "Even though I really should be buying him a gym card."
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley Mon May 07, 2012 7:37 pm

Willow grinned as she was handed the library bag, deciding she was going to keep it for something. She didn't know what exactly, but she was sure she could find a use for it. Perhaps she could hide her piggy bank in there. No one would suspect it.

She panicked slightly as she was encouraged to make a decision on where to eat. Here or Pluto? She wasn't sure she'd ever really been to Pluto, from what she remembered. She must've been. But she couldn't remember eating there.

"Can we go to Pluto?" she asked, holding tighter onto William's arm. "I don't think I've been to the cafe there. I'd like to try it," she smiled thankfully at her sister. "Thank you, Mel."
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Mon May 07, 2012 9:12 pm

"Course we can, good call," Will said, grinning at Willow, before turning to look at his elder sister, a small amount of amusement in his expression. "Oh God," he said flatly, "Please don't, I am splitting my sides." He grinned and faced forwards. "I am not fat. I'm getting a complex."

"Okay, breathe in girls," he said as they reached the teleport, before smacking it, thinking hard about the destination.

When they arrived, he steered them towards the nearest shop he could find. "My soul's probably not in that good condition either," he added, smiling. "I mean, I might want to order something really expensive and my soul just won't be enough."
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Tue May 08, 2012 11:03 am

"So what did you want Willow? Chips and ice cream?" the older girl raised her eyebrows slightly at the younger girl. "Or have you changed your mind, because I'm in a pretty good mood and you can have whatever you want, I'll even have them serve you a book on a plate, though I doubt you like eating your books."

Mel then turned to her brother, grinning. "Your soul is perhaps worth a scone." she nodded her head before she slowed up her walking pace slightly, looking with a teasing grin at William. "Maybe we should enjoy this walk, slooooooowly, don't you agree Willow? I mean, the food can wait, it's not like anyone here is dying from hunger, or something."
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley Mon May 14, 2012 10:44 pm

Willow giggled as Mel began to slow down, though she was getting too excited about ice cream and chips to slow down also. It was funny to watch Melanie tease their brother though, ducking her head slightly as she spoke, wanting to take part but not wanting to offend William.

"I'm not dying from hunger," she said with a conspiritory smile on her face, cheeks heating up. She didn't tease he siblings often at all. "I could even go for a walk before food."

She didn't try change the direction from the cafe though.
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Tue May 15, 2012 3:27 pm

"Stop teaming up against me!" Will groaned, throwing his head back and pulling them faster. "I'm realllllllllly hungry you poos."

He smiled, running and heaving the two girls along until they smashed through the door and into the cafe, where he steered Mel towards the till. "Go buy us something then, dear," he told her with a smile, putting his arm around Willow. "We'll go sit down." He grinned, winking at his elder sister, and went to find a table.

William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Thu May 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Mel frowned at William as she watched him and Willow walk away, but eventually she decided to be a nice person and ordered their ice cream and chips, not even thinking about how weird it must've sounded to the lady taking down her order, but then again there were always weird people on Pluto, so maybe it wasn't that weird.

Once she had been handed the food she made her way to find Willow and William, spotting them at a table. She placed the food in front of them and then sat down, grinning widely. "Enjoy kiddies, big sister isn't this nice all the time."
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley Fri May 18, 2012 1:16 pm

Willow gave a small smile to Mel as William guided her off to a table, happy to side down and wait for the food, streching her neck to see Melanie at the till, biting down on her lip. She really, really was looking forward to food. "Do you think she needs help?" Willow mumbled to her brother, though she doubted Mel really needed help. She was just a bit too eager.

Willow smiled brightly as Mel came over with the food, her new books on her lap, taking her chips and icecream, only just remembering to say a 'Thank you Mel!' before she started to dig in, dipping her chips in the ice-cream, smile still on her face as she looked up at her siblings. "Was there anything you wanted to do out?" she asked, aware of the fact they just seemed to be here for her. Though the idea that they brought her out just to go to the bookshop made her all warm and fuzzy inside.
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Sun May 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Will looked at Willow and grinned. "I think she's being deliberately slow if you ask me," he said. "Skinny cow." He grinned and began tapping his hands on the table, before Mel came back and placed food in front of them. "Cheers, big sister. You should try being kind more often. It suits you."

He pondered for a second and then shrugged, biting into a chip. "Nah, nothing I need to do. Melsibub?" He grinned at his sisters and put his feet up on the table, rocking back in his chair a bit. "Successful day."
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Melanie McKinnon Mon May 21, 2012 1:46 am

Mel shrugged. "I've got nothing to do. This trip was all for you, Lowieloo." she then looked at her brother, raising her eyebrows at his feet. "No, Willsybub, I doubt there's anything you ever need to do. Maybe get your shoes cleaned. Manners Will, manners."

She then looked outside, at the people that passed their window. "It's a bit boring, here today. The people outside are all so normal. I always have high hopes for Plutians, is that a word? The people here on Pluto are 'sposed to be special." she laughed slightly to herself, looking back at her siblings. "At least tell me the food here is good? I'd like to know if I spent my money on crap. Next time one of you is paying."
Melanie McKinnon
Melanie McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginny Weasley Fri May 25, 2012 1:04 pm

Willow couldn't help the warm smile that spread across her face as Mel said that the trip was for her. The fact that her siblings would go out of their way to take her out for books and chips still made her incredibly happy. She munched away on her chips and icecreams happily, thoroughly agreeing that it was a successful day with the three books that sat in her lap.

"The food is really nice," Willow answered, pushing the chips towards Mel. "Do you want some?" she asked. She couldn't really make much of a judgement on the people of Pluto, it wasn't a place she visited often.
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum