Pigfarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Present in the World (McKinnon Twins)

2 posters

Go down

Best Present in the World (McKinnon Twins) Empty Best Present in the World (McKinnon Twins)

Post by William McKinnon Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Willow had been pretty depressed for the past few days, quieter and even more reserved than usual, which was to be expected, Will supposed. Still, he didn't like to see it, and he doubted Laura did either. Which was why they had had the idea to get her a present. And not just a present, but the best present ever.

He hoped briefly that she wouldn't see it as bribery or the others would assume it was favouritism, but after a few seconds he realised he didn't really care what they thought. His little sister needed cheering up and that was exactly what they were going to do. "What are we gonna get her then, Loz?" he asked his sister. She had a great imagination, much better than his.
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Best Present in the World (McKinnon Twins) Empty Re: Best Present in the World (McKinnon Twins)

Post by Laura McKinnon Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Laura was biting her lip as she thought of possible presents for Willow. Will had pointed out that their sibling was being really quiet lately (something she didn't pick up on until it was mentioned), and it had them both worried.

A present was their solution (probably the best the two could come up with since they weren't exactly the...nurturing siblings), and now the problem was what to get her.

"Well, Lowie likes books, right?" Laura asked, embarrassed about how little she actually knew about her sister. "We could buy her another library," she giggled, remembering the one day she had passed by Willow's bedroom and the door was open.

At first, the sight had caused the Pyxis to believe she was in the wrong part of the house, that she was near the study. Upon further inspection (yes, she actually had to check where in the house she was), Laura realized that that was, in fact, Willow's room.

"What else does Willow like?"
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Best Present in the World (McKinnon Twins) Empty Re: Best Present in the World (McKinnon Twins)

Post by William McKinnon Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:55 pm

Will nodded at Laura's suggestion, grinning at her second idea. Willow did like books. He just had no idea of what kind. Did she like classics? Thrillers? Fantasies? And he'd always thought he knew Willow quite well. "Chances are we'll either pick her something she's read or we'll run out of space to house them." He grinned and pulled Laura in another direction.

"I feel kind of hopeless not being able to think of much," he admitted, looking around for anything that would scream Willow to him. "I don't know, would she want a pet or something? Would she look after a pet?" He turned to look at Laura. "You're a girl," he noted. "What do girls like?"
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 am

Laura didn't know whether or not to be offended by the fact that William just assumed all girls like the same things. She chose to shrug it off and lecture him on it later if she remembered. Which, knowing her, would probably be unlikely.

"A pet? Lowie would be a much better pet owner than I would," Laura laughed, rubbing her forearm sheepishly. Another thing to be embarrassed about: not only was she a bad sister, she was a horrible owner to her Sir Renaldi.

Laura glanced around, trying to find something promising. Her eyes landed on a stack of hay (what the heck was that doing there?) and a thought popped into her head.

"Ooh! I know! I know!" she cried suddenly, jumping up and down. "We should get Willow a pony! Oh! And, I saw a movie back on Earth--can't remember the name to save my life--and there was, like, a car thingy, that dubbed as a bookstore. We could so get her a carriage and a horse, and stock it with novels."

Laura beamed proudly, not seeing a flaw in her plan (then again, that was what she had Will for: she thought things up, he'd work out the kinks). Though, the monetary value of her planned gift was a bit worrying--how many books would fill a carriage?--the girl didn't really think of that as a flaw.

"What d'ya think? It's not too out-there, is it?" Laura asked, giggling to herself. "If it is, we can just buy her a horse and a barn. Or a family of horses. What do you call a group of horses anyway? A herd? Oh! Did you know a group of crows is called a murder? Isn't that cool?"
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Will was prepared to think up a more reasonable, cost effective suggestion of whatever Laura was about to suggest, but instead found himself silent, thinking it over. That wasn't half bad. In fact, that was a really good suggestion. A very expensive suggestion, but a good one nonetheless.

"Laura," he said quietly, "you're a bloody genius." He looked around, as if expecting to see a place that would just sell horses and carriages without batting an eyelid. When he had no luck, he turned back to Laura. "Trouble is, where are we gonna get one? And cheap?" Money wasn't really a problem for them, but still, they didn't have an infinite amount and despite the fact that he would get a small amount of satisfaction from his parents' annoyance if they ever saw the bill, they still had other stuff to buy. And books didn't come cheap. Carriages were big. But Willow wasn't...

"Okay, suppose we bought a carriage and shrunk it a bit," he suggested, rubbing his face as he spoke, "Either shrunk it so it would fit Willow and Oddie or someone else small, or like shrunk it to tiny size so it fit in like five books, and then enlarged it for her later. Or like, maybe we could get a jokey carriage, or build her one or something. Because, I mean, a full carriage, however awesome that would be and however happy that would make Willow, one, she might die in an avalanche of books when she opens the carriage, and two, we might need like a lottery grant." He grinned at her and turned to look around again. "Is there anywhere that would sell them in the solar system?"
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Laura was prepared to here Will say how stupid her idea was and was thoroughly shocked at the compliment she received instead. She smiled bashfully, feeling herself blush. "Thanks, Billy."

She shrugged her shoulders. She didn't really care about how much the price was, but it seemed that Will did, so she tried to think of something. "Can't we just transfigure something into a carriage? Then we'd just have to worry about buying a horse," Laura said, saying the first thing that came to mind. Focusing on something for too long was not her forte.

She looked around, not seeing anywhere that would possibly sell horses. "How 'bout Earth? Merlin, Will! I don't like thinking about the same thing for longer than a minute," Laura half-whined, half-laughed.
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:24 pm

Will grinned and nodded. Transfiguring something would be good. He remembered a muggle culture day or something that the school had put on years ago. Will had found it mainly dull although he had enjoyed the food section and a stall run on muggle fairytales. He remembered one particular fairytale where they had done something like that. "Oh my God Laura, can we transfigure a pumpkin?"

He grinned more at her next statement and patted her on the shoulder affectionately. "Oh Loz. You have such creativity. If only you could harness it for longer than half a minute." He grinned to let her know he was joking, before offering her his arm. "To Earth then, dear sister."
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:21 am

"A...pumpkin?" Laura asked, blinking in confusion. "But wouldn't it be all...smelly? And...orange? Well, I guess we can change the color when we transfigure it, but... Wait, does Lowie like orange?"

I am the worst sister in the history of sisters.

Laura pouted, crossing her arms over her chest before she cracked a smile. "Imagine what our house would look like if I had the attention span to decorate it all," she giggled.

Hooking her arm with Will's, Laura curtsied. "To Earth, brother dearest," she nodded.

~~Time Skip To Being On Earth Since I Don't Want To Give Myself A Headache By Thinking Up How They Get There~~

Laura looked around the area, seeing a lot of land and a few ranch-farm-things with livestock milling about. "You think one of them'll sell us a horse?" she asked hopefully. "If they do, let's try to get a really cute one. Oh! Can we get one that looks like a cow? I love those!"
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:44 pm

"We could like... spray it with something that smells good," Will suggested, and bit his tongue hard to stop himself from continuing that it actually caused him to flinch in pain. Like that stuff Odair uses. She always smells great. "And um, I think she likes red. I think she likes lots of colours. We could make it multicoloured? Oh gosh, this is going to be really hard, isn't it?"

They arrived on Earth and Will grinned a little at what Laura said. "Okay, I'm a guy so I'm not actually allowed to find things cute. It's not socially acceptable." Unless it's girls. Or some female body parts. "So I'll go on what you judge to be cute. Hey, look, there's a farm over there, maybe they'll have some- bloody hell!" He span around as a very loud noise sounded from somewhere behind them, looking for the source. "Did you hear that?" he asked, turning back to his sister, before shaking his head at the stupidity of the question. He was pretty sure everyone would have heard that.

(RIGHT I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHY I AM POSTING THIS BUT UM, I WAS LIKE LET'S DO SOMETHING SUPER EXCITING! And then I wondered what. SO EITHER YOU CAN GO MAD AND COME UP WITH LOTS OF THINGS WHICH YOU'RE REALLY GOOD AT, OR YOU CAN POST BACK GOING "WILLIAM, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK" and I'll change it <3 LOVE TO YOU <3)
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura McKinnon Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:33 pm

Laura was busy trying to keep herself from giggling when a loud noise was emitted from behind them. She whipped around, her brown locks slapping her face in protest of the sudden movement.

She didn't see anything at first, before she heard another noise. This time, Laura was sure, it wasn't caused by something muggles would call 'normal'. It was a loud, feral roar.

Laura glanced at her brother for a second, trying to tell him what her lips refused to say: There is no way I'm not checking this out.

As she ran towards the beast (because, come on, there was no way in Merlin's sweaty gym socks that a sound like that could come from something that couldn't be dubbed a 'beast'), Laura swallowed thickly. The shock and surprise had caused her voice to get caught in her throat, and she could honestly say that she loathed it.

Laura McKinnon not being able to talk? That could easily be defined as her personal Hell. Well, if you added cutting off her hands to deter her ability to draw to it, then, yes, it would definitely be Hell.

She reached a group of trees and peered behind them, her heart practically stopping in her chest at the sight. A farmer and his animals were being terrorized by something she had only ever studied in class.

"It's...it's a...a...Merlin," Laura whispered to herself as she hid behind a tree, pressing her back to it, not being able to believe it.

It's a dragon.
Laura McKinnon
Laura McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by William McKinnon Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Will watched his sister run off, and almost groaned when he saw where she was headed, even though he couldn't deny he was very curious too. He turned and followed, before skidding to a halt behind her, looking around. "What is-" he began, before trailing off and inhaling deeply. "Oh, my gosh."

He couldn't quite believe what it was that he was looking at. He knew they were real on Earth, sure, but he'd never seen one before. They might as well have been fictional. But bloody hell. There was a dragon. A DRAGON. A dragon. He wondered if he was hallucinating, or if this was just some vivid dream.

Well, it was a little one (A little one, the voice in Will's head, cynic Will, snorted, like you know how big a full sized one is) he thought, yet it still seemed to be terrorising the muggle farmer. There was something amazing about it, something scary, and something kind of really cool and he just wanted to touch it. He turned to look at Laura, who was ridiculously quiet for herself. "Um, okay..." he began. "You know that eye spell thing that you can use on them? Can you remember it?" Would they be able to use magic in front of the farmer? It was an emergency, wasn't it? William, there's a bloody dragon in there. He's hardly going to care if you use magic. That's not going to be that big a surprise.
William McKinnon
William McKinnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down