Pigfarts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dancing with myself {Open}

2 posters

Go down

Dancing with myself {Open} Empty Dancing with myself {Open}

Post by Roslyn Spinnett Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:40 am

Rustle,
rustle.
Thump, thump.

Sigh.

Roslyn smiled wanly to herself as she hoisted a pile of books in her arms and carried them to one of the tables in the corner of the shop, setting them down and then bending over backwards to stretch a kink out of her back.

She'd been bored out of her mind lately. No assignments to do, no hijinks to avoid with a certain redhead. Nothing.

It was terrible. So, she'd finally decided to take matters into her own hands and make a trip to Orion's in search of books. Anything that was even remotely interesting was coming home with her.

The book on historic wizarding battle tactics? Sure, it sounded interesting enough. Troll dietary needs? Not so much.

As she sorted through the stack, she started to hum to herself under her breath, doing an unconscious little step dance as she worked. Almost jiving while she read the first little bits of the books to get a feel for them, and then practically pirouetting as she put the rejects back on the shelves.

Merlin's pants, you need to get out more,
she told herself, pausing in her motions to examine the pile she'd amassed so far, and then going back to her task when she decided that five books wasn't going to last her nearly long enough.

This time she was nearly tangoing as she sashayed down the aisles between the shelves, still humming.

Roslyn Spinnett
Roslyn Spinnett

Back to top Go down

Dancing with myself {Open} Empty Re: Dancing with myself {Open}

Post by Sky Rider Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:25 am

Sky had been walking down the street idly. He had a lot to do, but he just didn't want to do them. Cleaning his room, buying Alec a new leviboard, writing a six foot long letter to his sick grandmother who he had only met once before...he'd do anything to get out of doing it.

Just as he passed a particularly dusty looking store--Orion Books, the sign read--he spotted a familiar brunette through the window. Was she...dancing?

Chuckling to himself, Sky walked inside the store.

If he thought the outside looked dusty, then it was nothing compared to inside. Everything, even the air, looked to be covered in a thick layer of dust. And don't even get him started on the books.

Sky never had a problem with books; no, he was fine with them, but he'd never really liked the whole reading-a-textbook-in-less-than-a-week thing his parents had forced him to do when he was younger.

When Rose started sashaying down the aisles, he couldn't help but grin; did she know how cute she was being?

"Do you need a dance partner, Miss Spinnett?" Sky asked cheekily, a smirk tugging at his lips.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Roslyn Spinnett Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 am

"Do you need a partner,Miss Spinnett?"

A familiar voice drawled as Roslyn paused at a shelf, hips still moving to the tune she was humming, and she paused, looking up shyly, trying not to look like she was being eaten alive on the inside by embarrassment like she was.

Bollocks. How long had he been there? She wondered, turning to face him with a wan, mischievous smile. Clearly long enough to see you dance, a little voice chirped as she put her hands on her hips, rubbing the toe of her ballet flat against the hardwood thoughtfully.

"Maybe," she replied, tapping the ring on her index finger lightly against the spine of the book in her hand. "Depends on who's willing," she added, smiling as she reached up to put the book away.

"What brings you here, Mister Rider?" she questioned, arching an eyebrow mischievously.

Not that she knew, but Sky didn't seem like the type to read books for fun. She couldn't understand why she thought this, but somehow it struck her as something he wouldn't do.

But then again, what did she know? He did seem like the type to be full of surprises.
Roslyn Spinnett
Roslyn Spinnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:59 am

Sky's smirk didn't fall from its place on his lips as he stuffed his hands in his front pockets. "Oh, I can think of someone who's willing," he said, leaning against the shelf casually.

A quiet laugh, stuck somewhere between sounding nervous and amused, left the dark haired boy's throat, and he scratched the back of his neck. "Maybe I came in here to read this book?"

Sky read the title he had pulled out of the shelf quickly, his face warming up slightly. The Mating Patterns of the Thestrals. With slight mortification, he flipped through the book curiously. To his horror, the other had been thoughtful enough (or extremely creepy, depending on how you looked at it) to add pictures. It was times like these that he wished the wizarding world didn't have moving pictures...

"Er, okay, maybe I didn't come to read this book," Sky admitted, putting the book back on a random shelf quickly. "Actually, to be honest, I saw you dancing and thought I'd come enjoy the show."

Yes, 'cause that didn't sound stalkerish at all, Sky thought to himself, mentally slapping himself in the face.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Roslyn Spinnett Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:14 am

Roslyn smiled, covering her mouth with her hand as he picked up a book on the mating of Thestrals. Probably not that book, she thought, biting her lip so that she wouldn't laugh.

It was a surprisingly difficult task, seeing as his comment about knowing someone who was interested had pumped her stomach full of fluttery, tickling butterflies. It also felt like, as with the last time they'd met, someone had given her a shot of pepper-up potion. Only this time she could tell she wasn't blushing nearly as much as she had before.

"I hope you enjoyed it," she replied teasingly, holding the corners of her skirt and curtsying, giggling quietly.

She reminded herself that he probably hadn't, and was probably just being polite. She was not a dancer by any means, but she liked the motions, regardless of how elegant or otherwise she looked while performing them.

Invite him to dance with you! the bolder, more Liz-like voice in her head commanded. You won't get anywhere if you never take risks.

Easier said than done, , she told herself, biting her lip momentarily before resuming her shy, mischievous smile.

Roslyn Spinnett
Roslyn Spinnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:28 am

Sky cleared his throat, trying to ignore the fact that his face had heated up a bit more at the sight of Rose trying to hold in her laughter. It was embarrassing enough as it was, he didn't need to be laughed at by the girl he fancied.

"The best show I've seen in years," Sky chuckled, sweeping his arm in front of him and resting it on his abdomen as he bowed.

He smiled at her teasingly, taking a step forward. "Maybe you can show me some of those moves?" He had started talking before he noticed the shy smile Rose had been wearing, and so he assumed that the idea of demonstrating those moves for him wasn't something she wanted to do.

"Unless you don't want to," Sky added hastily, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "Which is fine, ya know. I'm sure I can remember all those moves you did...if I had a better memory that is. My memory's horrible; I forgot my mum's birthday one time. It didn't end well. I ended up being grounded for a month, and I had to do the whole family's chores. So, yeah, I have a bad memory; why am I still talking?" he asked, laughing nervously.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Roslyn Spinnett Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:45 am

Roslyn grinned, feeling her cheeks heat in the way that meant they were turning colors. Not that she minded this time. What was a little color now and again?

"Thank you," she murmured, tilting her head as she thought about his preposition. There really wasn't any reason or rhyme to her movements; they were what felt natural, not what people thought looked graceful, so it would be hard to show him by telling.

Which leaves demonstration by doing, she thought, chewing her lip as she took a step or two forward. "I can try," she replied, a quiet laugh escaping her throat. "No promises on how well the crazy stuff that goes on in my head translates to other people," she joked, looking up at him with a wan smile.

The butterflies were flaring up now, especially when he got tongue tied and chattered about his family. It was nice to know that he was a little nervous too.

Maybe that means he fancies me too, she thought, bunching her hands in the hem of her skirt to try and remove some of the clamminess on her palms. Maybe.

"You basically just move," she admitted, tilting her head slightly, her smile turning sheepish. "It's easier to demonstrate than explain,"
Roslyn Spinnett
Roslyn Spinnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:02 am

"Well, trying's good enough for me. Though I've never been really good at foreign languages, mind you," Sky teased.

Really, Sky? Really? That's the best you can do? he berated himself. How the hell did he ever get a girlfriend in the first place? He was hopeless when it came to flirting.

He perked up slightly when Rose mentioned a demonstration. Pushing himself off the shelf, Sky took a step towards Rose. "Demonstrate away, Miss Spinnett," he grinned.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Roslyn Spinnett Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:33 am

"Oh, " Rose sighed, feigning disappointment. "You don't speak teenage girl then?" she joked, her smile widening as he came closer, just out of arm's reach now.

Taking his grin as encouragement, she started humming again, her hips doing figure eights while her feet carried her around him to pluck a book off of the shelf, back to the table where she added it to the pile, and then turned back, impulsively catching his hand and pulling him into motion.

"Best way to learn is to do, no?" she said, smiling sheepishly as she moved, keeping her grip on his hand loose, in case he wanted to pull free.

She wouldn't blame him. She wanted to smack herself upside the head for behaving so impulsively.

Well played, Rose, well played.
Roslyn Spinnett
Roslyn Spinnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:10 am

Sky was fully aware that he was in a store with a handful of spectators. He knew that, if they were loud enough, they would attract of unwanted attention. He knew that, but he really didn't seem to care. Rose seemed to be having fun, and, as she tried to drag him into her dance, he couldn't stop himself from laughing.

"If that's what I have to do to learn," Sky grinned, tightening his grip on Rose's hand as he joined her in her dance. He would admit that he felt slightly ridiculous at that particular moment, but he wouldn't complain. He was holding his crush's hand, after all. Merlin, he hated how cheesy that sounded.

As he wiggled his hips like the brunette had, screwing his face up slightly when he realized how weird that must look, he caught the sight of some people eyeing them curiosly. A blush spread its way up his neck until it rested on his cheeks; Sky looked away from them quickly, turning back to Rose.

"Am I doing it right?" the dark haired boy asked uncertainly. How was he supposed to know what he was doing when he was just attempting to mimcik the girl in front of him? He'd say that he was doing horrible, that was for sure.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Roslyn Spinnett Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:02 am

His hand was warm around hers, and as he made a face and asked her if he was doing it right, her brain made a little 'eep' noise and shorted out, leaving her scrambling to find words for a coherent response that didn't consist of monosyllables.

"As far as I can see, yes," she replied, smiling at him as the back of his neck reddened, making her worry that she was making strange faces, or that she'd stepped on his toes without noticing. That would really help things along, she thought darkly, glancing over her shoulder as she twisted to keep her toes from catching on a corner.

They had an audience, she noted as she twisted back around, using her free hand to push at the stubborn strands of hair that had draped themselves across her face while she'd moved. That explains a lot.

"Actually, you're doing excellently," she added, glancing back at their audience once more and then grinning cheekily. "We're dropping jaws. I certainly couldn't do that on my own," she added, smiling.

I'm holding Sky Rider's hand. They should be jealous.
Roslyn Spinnett
Roslyn Spinnett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Rider Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:50 pm

"I find that hard to believe," Sky said. He was sincere in his words; after all, he was sure that, if it hadn't been for the fact that he had been thinking of ways to work up the nerve to talk to Rose, his jaw would've dropped at seeing her dance around the bookstore.

Sky didn't think himself the guy that would go off spewing poetry or some Shakespeare stuff his mum was obsessed with to express his feelings for a girl, but he found himself thinking up a few lines that would make even Ol' Billy S. swoon.

"You know, I don't usually come to places like this," Sky commented, eyeing the rows of dust covered books. "But I think I might start if it means I might get to see you and your awesome dance moves," he chuckled a bit as he stopped dancing.

"Though, to tell you the truth, I don't get why you would come to a bookstore just to make everybody wish you they had your impeccable sense of rhythm." He was teasing her, yes, but he did want to know why she was dancing here of all places.
Sky Rider
Sky Rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down